With the outbreak of EVALI, claims about a “teen vaping epidemic“, and the resulting treats and harsh regulations, in 2019 the vaping industry has had to face many challenges.
Predictions for 2020 by experts in the sector, have indicated that before things start getting better, there may be more obstacles to face. The annual 2-day seminar/course will address regulatory and business issues that affect manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
The event page listed the following as some of the topics tackled:
- “Product compliance – including advertising and labeling compliance, and preparing for Premarket Tobacco Product Applications (PMTAs);
- Testing for Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents (HPHCs) – how to comply before the November 2019 deadline;
- Going global – presentations by experts on EU TPD, Canada, Asia and more;
- State law update – overview of new state and local laws, permitting/licensing and tax requirements, and local flavor bans;
- Environmental, hazardous waste and OSHA compliance;
- Update on Deeming Rule appeal – Modified Risk Claims, PMTA and free samples;
- Potential product standards including flavors and online sales;
- Getting into CBD – how to stay legal; and
- Business and intellectual property issues to protect your growing business”
The event will be held at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and more details can be found in the event’s agenda. Participants are able to register here.
US Vape Businesses to “Cease Manufacture, Distribution and Sale” of Flavoured Pods
Let’s block ads! (Why?)